How much do you know about sex? It may just be a three-letter word with one syllable that can create a baby, but believe it or not, there is more to sex than just foreplay and orgasm. In fact, there are many fun facts about sex you should know that could help make the experience more pleasurable for you.
From fascinating to weird and anything in between, here are 15 interesting facts about sex you should know:
1. When It Comes to Sex, Some Couples Are More Wired to Do It Than Others
How many times do you have sex with your partner? There is no exact number that would constitute normal or ideal frequency, but it turns out that there are couples who are doing it more often than others.
According to a study, there are five big predictors of marriage:
- Openness to experience
- Neuroticism or how you react to difficulties of life
The higher you score in these five aspects, particularly agreeableness and openness to experience, the more likely you will have sex with your man. In other words, the frequency is dependent on you.
Don’t feel too pressured to do it everyday. Do whatever works for you and your man and your sex life will surely skyrocket.
2. The Opposite Side of Orgasm World: Swelling and Stuffy Nose after the Big O
Did you know that orgasm allows your body to experience a rush of adrenaline, thereby helping you clear sinuses? The adrenaline causes you nasal tissues to shrink and opens up passageways to help you breathe. At the same time, sex works better than chicken soup for clogged nose.
Here’s the thing: you might be living in the other side of the world where orgasm makes your nose stuffy and swelling, just like your breasts and genitals. It’s all because of a polyp in your sinuses or nasal passageways.
During sex, the polyp may fall into the path of your circulating air area and cause an obstruction. It can be due to your sex positions or your movements in bed.
Should you be worried? Not necessarily, since this type of polyps is not cancerous. If this is bothering you, discuss your options with an otolaryngologist.
3. Interesting Sex Facts Worth Knowing: Sex is a Workout and Helps You Lose Weight
Are you too lazy to go to the gym? Don’t worry. You can still lose extra pounds even at the comfort of your own bedroom. All you need to do is have sex and you are good to go.
An interesting fun fact about sex revealed that sex helps you burn at least 69 calories in just one session. Unfortunately, men burn more at an average of 101 calories since they are doing “more work” inside the bedroom. They need to step it up as part of the techniques on how to satisfy a woman sexually in bed.
Therefore, if you want to burn more, then you should be doing extra work to make sure you get the most out of sexercise.
Nonetheless, this doesn’t mean you should skip the gym or any other workout all the time. Sex helps you burn calories, but it’s not enough compared to what you can lose when you run in the treadmill.
4. Another Weird Sex Facts You Should Know: A Single Man Can Impregnate Every Woman on the Planet
If you find the first few facts weird or interesting, then wait until you read this fun facts about the human body: there is enough sperm in one single man to get every woman in this planet pregnant.
It turns out that an average man can produce approximately 525 billion sperm cells in his lifetime and shed at least a billion every month. Consequently, a healthy male can release 40 million to 1.2 billion sperm cells in a single ejaculation, which is enough to impregnate every woman in this planet.
You might ask: if men are capable of producing this much sperm cells, how come it only take one egg and one sperm to make a baby? It all boils down to sperm competition. The closer a particular sperm is to an egg, you have a better chance of fertilizing it and not any other sperm cells.
In relation to sperm cells and ejaculation, check out this next interesting sex facts.
5. Sperm Speed: A Man’s Ejaculation Travels Approximately 28 Miles per Hour
You know that a man is capable of producing and releasing billions of sperm cells in his lifetime. The next question now is how fast. It turns out that sperm cells swim approximately 0.2 meters per hour or about eight inches. This is fast considering their size of 50 micrometers.
Just like any other parts in your body, any deficiency of nutrients could slow down a man’s sperm cell speed and lower his chances when it comes to sperm competition. To make sure your man and his juices down south are in their best shape, he should be getting enough vitamin D to induce sperm motility.
6. Understanding the Man -Nipple Connection
It is already established that your nipples are up and about every time you are aroused, turned on, or in the mood. During sex, your nipples are proud as well, together with approximately 84 percent of women.
You might find it weird or a bit funny, but men experience nipple erection too when they are aroused and while doing the deed. Men and nipple erection can also have non-sexual or emotional origin, although this is more on a female feature.
This is the surprising part and one of the fascinating facts about nipple erection: men can have nipple orgasm too. Here’s how you should do it:
- Start by touching, rubbing, and pinching his nipples in gentle, circular strokes.
- Twirl your finger around the outside of his nipple.
- Gently suck and lick his nipple area, working outside then in towards his nipples.
- Slowly increase the pressure of licking and sucking then alternate it with gentle strokes.
It’s okay if he didn’t orgasm the first time. You can always practice until you are able to get each other’s groove.
7. Getting Up Close and Personal with a Man’s Penis
A man’s penis is an important sex tool inside the bedroom and plays a crucial role in boosting pleasure. Surprisingly, the human penis you see today has evolved as well.
Here are fascinating facts you need to know about a man’s penis:
- Pre-historic human penises used to have spines.
- Gay men have bigger penises compared to straight men.
- The left testicles hang lower than the right one.
- As men get older, their penis gradually shrinks, which is more noticeable during flaccid state.
- A quarter of men’s penises are slightly bent.
Enough about men. Check out these fascinating facts about sex – women’s version.
8. Interesting Facts About Sex: Get to Know Clitoris a Little Bit Better
When it comes to the most erogenous female organ, one name stands out: clitoris. Apparently, there is more to this tiny button than just trigger arousal and orgasm.
Here are few interesting facts you should know about your clitoris:
- The term “clitoris” is not just known in English, but also in all modern European languages.
- Your clitoris may be subject to lots of wear and tear, but your clitoris never ages. In fact, you can still have the same orgasmic capacity as that of a teenager even if you are 90.
- A woman’s clitoris has approximately 8,000 nerve endings, which is twice as many compared to the glans of a penis. This explains why a clit it the ultimate trigger button to get you in the mood.
- When taken as a whole, a woman’s clitoris is as big as a man’s penis.
- 20 minutes of exercise could increase your genital engorgement by 168 percent. This is the reason why there are those who experience orgasm during workout, especially when the routine targets inner thighs and legs.
The bottom line is don’t take this tiny button for granted. It could offer so much for you.
9. Fun Facts About Sex: Orgasms Start in Up Here, Not Down There
You think that orgasm starts down there, hence the need for stimulation, but did you know that orgasm actually starts in your brain?
Here is something you should know about orgasm: these are nerves that came from at least six different tissues. At the same time, these nerve impulses build up in your brain to help you achieve orgasm.
Here’s what’s going on in your mind before, during, and after orgasm:
- When your clitoris, vagina, and cervix are stimulated, they are able to trigger different parts of your cortex.
- Continued stimulation activates your hippocampus, or the area in your brain that evokes dream-like memories.
- As soon as you are about to orgasm, the cerebellum triggers tension in lower parts of your body such as thighs, abs and butt. Consequently, the frontal cortex or your brain’s controller of abstract thoughts kicks in to trigger more sexual fantasies. At this point, you feel nothing but pleasure.
- Once you reach the big O, the hypothalamus releases oxytocin, thereby causing uterine contractions. Oxytocin is also responsible for promoting bonding, which is why you want to cuddle after. Your brain’s pleasure center also receives dopamine, which intensifies orgasm.
What’s the bottom line? Orgasm is also a product of the brain and not just what’s down there. A single touch sends signals to your brain that could translate to a particular sensation like orgasm.
When it comes to sex and orgasm, make sure that you are ready by popping female enhancement pills like HerSolution and Provestra. These enhancement pills helps you jumpstart your sex drive and enables you to want and enjoy sex even more. Don’t worry too much about the ingredients since they contain the most natural herbs and products that will surely deliver results.
10. Get Rid of Depression Through Regular Masturbation
According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America or ADAA, anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in America, affecting 40 million adults above 18 years old. This type of disorder can be treated, but not everyone is getting it. Aside from this, major depressive disorder affects more than 15 million Americans or 6.7 percent of the population, with 1.5 percent of the entire population experiencing persistent depressive disorder.
Anxiety disorders treatments cost $42 billion a year or one-third of the US’ total mental health bill. Thankfully, there is a cheaper way to address depression and other anxiety disorders – and you don’t need expensive treatments. All you have to do is to masturbate and you are good to go.
Here is another tidbit you should add in the list of weird sex facts: masturbation helps you get through depression.
You might ask how.
Aside from alone time, masturbation helps you release happy hormonessuch as oxytocin and serotonin. These hormones resemble antidepressant medications sans the unwanted side effects. Consequently, these hormones also help boost your feelings of self-worth and self-satisfaction, which could suppress depressive tendencies.
The next time you are feeling down and blue, you know what to do. Lock the doors and have some alone time just like what everyone else do. After all, who would’ve thought that depression is connected to facts about masturbation?
11. Liplocking: Fascinating and Fun Facts about Kissing
Just like sex, how much do you know about kissing aside from being a good precursor to sex? It turns out that there is so much you can learn about this activity and one of the favorite parts about falling and being in love.
Here are facts about kissing worth knowing:
- Kissing requires coordination of 146 muscles, particularly 112 postural muscles and 34 facial muscles.
- In 1439, King Henry VI banned kissing in England to curtain the spreading of diseases in the kingdom.
- In 1930, censorship regulations called the Hays Code prohibiting Hollywood films from showing acting couples kissing while lying down.
- There is a study of kissing known as Philematology. In case you decided to study kissing, you are called osculologist.
- Italians are known as the expert kissers.
- Kissing, including making out comes with tons of health benefits such as strengthening your immune system and relieves pains and aches.
- Lip-locking prevents cavities, thanks to the exchange of saliva.
Are you still in for more weird facts about sex? Then make sure you read until the end because there are few more things you need to know about this three-letter word activity.
12. Outside the Bedroom: The Most Common Place for Americans to Have Sex
The bedroom will always be a favorite place for sex. Aside from accessibility, it is more convenient and more comfortable to experiment without the fear of getting caught or seen by other people.
Unfortunately, not everyone has access to private rooms. In case you are living with your parents or sharing room with someone, then you need to think of some place where you and your man can do your thing at the most affordable price.
This is the reason why 48 percent of Americans revealed that the most exciting place they had sex was in the car. It could be out of limited accessibility or the thrill that comes with getting caught that makes car sex exciting.
To make sure you won’t get caught by Nosy Nancy, here are some techniques you should remember before you do this in the car:
- Car sex is for quickie sex only.
- When doing the deed, you only have two options: passenger seat action or doing it in the back seat.
- Open the car window a little bit since car sex can be hot and steamy. Think Jack and Rose car sex in Titanic and you’ll get the picture.
- Park the car somewhere more private to avoid getting caught.
Car sex is something you should cross off your bucket list, but make sure you follow these tips to make the most out of your experience sans getting caught.
13. Keep Your Pubes to Protect Yourself Against Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Admit it. You are tempted to get a Brazilian and say goodbye to your forest down south. After all, it looks cleaner, neater, and more appealing in a man’s eyes.
Here’s the catch: shaving your pubes could make you more prone to sexually transmitted diseases. This is because shaving or waxing causes irritation and micro-trauma in your skin, thereby increasing your risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections. Hair-less genital area is also a perfect breeding ground for viruses like molluscum to spread easily.
What’s the bottom line? Pubic hair has a purpose and it is there for a reason. It protects your body against possible infections and controls the temperature in the area to minimize the loss of heat. That’s not all. Pubic hair helps reduce friction, especially during sex, which prevents skin irritation, abrasion, and injury.
Still, this doesn’t mean you should have unprotected sex, especially with someone you barely know, and let your natural forest protect you. Unless you are in a monogamous relationship, ask your partner to wear condoms for protection. This minimizes the possibility of getting pregnant too.
14. Sex for Pleasure: The Similarity Between Humans and Dolphins
Every species in this planet are having sex for procreation purposes. The methods may be different, but the end result is always the same.
Did you know that not all species have sex for pleasure? Did you also know that humans and dolphins are the only two species that have sex for pleasure? Believe it or not, dolphins have sex during all stages of female menstrual cycle, which only proves they also do it to get pleasure.
Did you expect that these giant creatures will share something similar with humans? How’s that for weird sex facts?
15. The Truth about Sexting: Surprising Facts for You
There are many ways you can be flirty. Thanks to technology, you can still be sexy without seeing your man face to face through a medium called sexting. In fact, one of the fun facts about sexting is that it is an effective way to create buildup and helps you get in the mood.
Here is the surprising part: sexting is often used to prey innocent kids, particularly girls. It turns out young girls, especially teens are more prone to engage in sexting, with 80 percent of them doing this before they turned 18. This includes sending pictures to strangers, making them feel sexy, or peer pressure.
If you have a sister, daughter, niece, or know anyone below 18, make sure to help them get educated about proper ways to do texting. At the end of the day and more than just the pleasure you can get from sex, safety is still on top of the priority list.
The bottom line is sex is more than just the act of doing it and achieving orgasm after a few minutes. There is so much more you should know now just about what goes inside the bedroom but also the mechanism behind it. Take note of these 15 fun facts about sex and use them to your advantage to make the experience more pleasurable for you.